[Mimedefang] Custom Configuration

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Fri Nov 12 09:48:02 EST 2004

Aleksander is exactly right but I would do one thing differently.  I use the
code/idea that Brian Landers wrote to create an access file for sendmail for
the LDAP work.  We enhanced it and it's very stable and in place on multiple
servers now for almost a year.

http://www.peregrinehw.com/downloads/ldap/

Basics behind it are to connect to an LDAP server every five minutes and
generate an access.db file that can sendmail can use to deny recipients
without calling a milter, etc.

This in turn let's us also use the BAD_RCPT Throttle which in turn let's us
monitor the logs to block IP addresses for a 90-minute window that seem to
be doing email harvesting/dictionary attacks.

Regards,
KAM