[Mimedefang] Custom Configuration

Yang Xiao yxiao2004 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 10:28:44 EST 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 09:48:02 -0500, Kevin A. McGrail <kmcgrail at pccc.com> wrote:
> Aleksander is exactly right but I would do one thing differently.  I use the
> code/idea that Brian Landers wrote to create an access file for sendmail for
> the LDAP work.  We enhanced it and it's very stable and in place on multiple
> servers now for almost a year.
>
> http://www.peregrinehw.com/downloads/ldap/
>
> Basics behind it are to connect to an LDAP server every five minutes and
> generate an access.db file that can sendmail can use to deny recipients
> without calling a milter, etc.

I took a rough look at the script, I wonder how should I modify it to
work with our AD LDAP, something like this?

our $filter  ="(&(proxyAddresses=smtp:$recipient))")

the reason being we have 2 domains and each user are allowed two forms
of email address in each domain, FLast at domain.com,
First.Last at domain.com, and they are stored in the proxyAddresses.

part of my sendmail-rx.mc file :

---BEGIN

dnl define(`confRUN_AS_USER',`smmsp:smmsp')dnl  Drop privileges (see
SECURITY NOTE)

define(`confPID_FILE', `/var/run/sendmail-rx.pid')dnl  Non-default pid file
define(`STATUS_FILE', `/etc/mail/stat-rx')dnl    Non-default stat file
define(`QUEUE_DIR', `/var/spool/mqueue-rx')dnl   Non-default queue area
define(`confQUEUE_SORT_ORDER',`Modification')dnl Modif or Random are reasonable

dnl Match the number of queue runners (R=) to the number of amavisd-new child
dnl processes ($max_servers). 2 to 7 OK, 10 is plenty, 20 is too many
QUEUE_GROUP(`mqueue', `P=/var/spool/mqueue-rx, R=2, F=f')dnl

dnl Direct all mail to be forwarded to amavisd-new at 127.0.0.1:10024
FEATURE(stickyhost)dnl  Keep envelope addr "u at local.host" when fwd to MAIL_HUB
define(`MAIL_HUB',  `esmtp:[127.0.0.1]')dnl  Forward all local mail to amavisd
define(`SMART_HOST',`esmtp:[127.0.0.1]')dnl  Forward all other mail to amavisd

define(`confDELIVERY_MODE',`q')dnl     Delivery mode: queue only (a must,
dnl  ... otherwise the advantage of this setup of being able to specify
dnl  ... the number of queue runners is lost)
define(`ESMTP_MAILER_ARGS',`TCP $h 10024')dnl  To tcp port 10024 instead of 25
MODIFY_MAILER_FLAGS(`ESMTP', `+z')dnl  Speak LMTP (this is optional)
define(`SMTP_MAILER_MAXMSGS',`10')dnl  Max no. of msgs in a single connection
define(`confTO_DATAFINAL',`20m')dnl    20 minute timeout for content checking
define(`confSMTP_LOGIN_MSG', `Howdie v4.12 $d')dnl Fake ESMTP Server Message
define(`HELP_FILE',`/etc/nohelp')dnl Disable Help command totally
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Name=MTA-RX')dnl       Daemon name used in logged messages
dnl .... MIMEDefang Milter Definitions
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang',
`S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, F=T,
T=S:360s;R:360s;E:15m')
define(`confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS', `mimedefang')

dnl Disable local delivery, as all local mail will go to MAIL_HUB
undefine(`ALIAS_FILE')dnl     No aliases file, all local mail goes to MAIL_HUB
define(`confFORWARD_PATH')dnl Empty search path for .forward files
undefine(`UUCP_RELAY')dnl
undefine(`BITNET_RELAY')dnl
undefine(`DECNET_RELAY')dnl

MAILER(smtp)

---- END

I had to commend out runas smmsp or mimedefang won't be able to access
the queue, everything works fine until DATA,  it looks like mimedefang
just dies when trying to write the queue.

Many thanks,

Yang