[Mimedefang] filter_recipient

Brent J. Nordquist b-nordquist at bethel.edu
Thu Nov 11 13:46:07 EST 2004

I can't speak to the "mimedefang -a" part of your post, but something
I recently learned the hard way:

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 11:39:33AM -0500, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> define(`confMILTER_MACROS_ENVFROM', `rcpt_host, rcpt_mailer, rcpt_addr')dnl

Setting that overwrites the default set of milter macros, which is quite
long, so doing that may eliminate one you need. A post on Usenet I found
recommends this form:

define(`confMILTER_MACROS_FOO', confMILTER_MACROS_FOO`, bar')dnl

where "bar" is what you want to add... that apparently "appends" to the
list of milter macros rather than overwriting it. The Sendmail cf README
documents the default set for each milter macro conf. option.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <b-nordquist at bethel.edu> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://kepler.its.bethel.edu/~bjn/contact.html