[Mimedefang] Re: 'service mimedefang status' returns "multiplexor dead but pid file exists"

Matt Smith Matt at coolchilli.com
Tue Nov 2 23:06:41 EST 2004

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 21:29:19 -0500, Yang Xiao <yxiao2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is the mimedefang-multiplexor.sock in /var/spool/MIMEDefang/ dir?
> or check where ever you configured the socket to be in.

Yes, both .sock files are there which is why MimeDefang runs and still
processes mail.
I believe the error is in the status() function located in
/etc/init.d/functions file (which is what `service mimedefang status`
calls).

Can anybody else running a RedHat system either confirm or deny my thoughts?
If deny, what are the processes listed as when you issue a 'ps ax'; and
what does the init.d/mimedefang script have as the status() function?

Matt