[Mimedefang] slaves

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Tue Nov 2 10:47:46 EST 2004

Brenden Conte wrote:
> 15 minutes seems extremely long... I'm curious, could you explain the
> rational for that time length?  I admit, its longer than I've ever
> considered reasonable.

It depends on how large messages you are accepting.  If you set limit to
say 1 or 10MB, than 15 minutes is way too much.  If you set it to 100MB,
and you happen to get 90MB ZIP archive, it might take looooong time for
AV to scan it, plus MIMEDefang will also spend considerable time (and
memory) to digest it.