[Mimedefang] slaves

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Nov 2 11:00:29 EST 2004

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:

> It depends on how large messages you are accepting.  If you set limit to
> say 1 or 10MB, than 15 minutes is way too much.

I don't think so.

If you plot scan times on a busy server, you'll see that most are
quite short, but there are a small (but significant) number of
outliers that can take a very long time to scan -- even for relatively
small messages.  It drives me crazy :-), but we see it on our server.
I think SpamAssassin's massive amount of regexp manipulation is very
sensitive to the actual data it scans; the regexp execution time seems
almost non-deterministic.