[Mimedefang] import ldap entries onto external mail relay

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Mon May 24 15:06:32 EDT 2004

> Has anyone used this script?

I use the script all the time and love it.  Very simple and very elegant.

http://www.peregrinehw.com/downloads/ldap/INSTALL

> I am trying to determine the settings I need to configure on the internal
> exchange server relay for this to work correctly.

I'd still like to know more about modifying which users have access to the
AD information so I can make the lowest permission user possible for just AD
queries.

> Do I need to create a new account for this to work correctly on the
> internal exchange server?
> #constants from script:
> our $bind    = 'cn=Email Export,ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com';  # AD account
> our $passwd  = 'thepassword';                                 # AD
password
> our $base    = 'dc=example,dc=com';                           # Start from
> root
> our @servers = qw( ad1.example.com ad2.example.com );
> our $filter  =
'(|(objectClass=publicFolder)(&(sAMAccountName=*)(mail=*)))';

> What should I use for these constants?

I would start with the administrator password for testing purposes.  For
example, this would be a good set of constants for testing for a domain
called montana.edu with an IP address of 192.168.100.2.

# ---- Constants ----
our $bind    = 'cn=administrator,cn=users,dc=montana,dc=edu';  # AD account
our $passwd  = 'admin_password';                                 # AD
password
our $base    = 'dc=montana,dc=edu';                           # Start from
root
our @servers = qw( 192.168.100.2 ); #IP ADDRESS OF AD SERVER(s)
our $filter  = '(|(objectClass=publicFolder)(&(sAMAccountName=*)(mail=*)))';

If you can get that working, then you can start with the AD user that you
want to implement long-term.

KAM