[Mimedefang] Missed Viruses

Stewart James stewart.james at vu.edu.au
Wed May 19 02:52:16 EDT 2004

> Does "clamscan --mbox" detect it?  If it does, then I'd say you forgot
> to uncomment "ScanMail" in clamav.conf.  If it doesn't then I'd say that
> you've probably got an older version of clamav installed that's earlier
> in the path.  Well, that or freshclam isn't actually working - I take it
> the log says it is?

--mbox works. I checked the config and ScanMail was enabled.
Unfortunately I immediately did a stop start on clamd I should have done
this before and after. But af6ter the restart I did a clamdscan on the
quarantine files and it found viruses. My thinking is I enabled ScanMail
but did not restart the process correctly.

In ~30 hours I had collect around 600 messages. I just reenabled the
code that collected virus detected by Trend and not clamav, so will see
what happens overnight, but I am thinking you solved it for me. Thanks
Rob. I will have to print out some docs for clamav and have a read over
them at home, I hate not knowing software intimately.

Stewart