[Mimedefang] Missed Viruses

Rob rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Wed May 19 01:55:40 EDT 2004

We've all done it :-)

> MD is 2.41 (I could have sworn I had 2.42 will fix this first).

2.43 is out there, so if you're upgrading you might as well go for it.

> ClamAV is 0.70 and freshclam checks up once an hour running clamd.
>
> http://lists.vu.edu.au/MD/ENTIRE_MESSAGE is also accessable.

Well, my install of clamav 0.70 detects this just fine.  This I'd
suggest means you've got a borken clamav install, not MD.

> I will upgrade or patch to 2.42 and see if that resolves the problem.
> ALthough if someone else has a better idea (like I should give up and
> become a farmer - having one of those months) I would be
> pleased to hear them.

Does "clamscan --mbox" detect it?  If it does, then I'd say you forgot
to uncomment "ScanMail" in clamav.conf.  If it doesn't then I'd say that
you've probably got an older version of clamav installed that's earlier
in the path.  Well, that or freshclam isn't actually working - I take it
the log says it is?

PLEASE - keep list traffic on the list.  Email sent directly to me may
be ignored utterly.

--
Rob | What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?