[Mimedefang] OT: Spamassasin Effectiveness

Tim Pushor timp at crossthread.com
Sat May 8 09:05:10 EDT 2004

Hi all,

Sorry for the somewhat offtopic post, but I would really like to get a
feel for just how effective spamassasin is, and how much maintenance is
required to maintain that effectiveness.

Also, how effective is a sitewide bayes filtering setup? I have played a
little with the 'junk' filtering in Thunderbird and initially it seemd
to work very well (It  seemed to have recognized 75-90% of spam then,
but now is probably closer to 50%).

I think MD is great - it has really helped me take control of my email,
and I am really looking forward to doing *something* about spam

Thanks,
Tim