[Mimedefang] Saving Headers for report

Jerome Tytgat jerome.tytgat at asterion.fr
Thu May 6 03:46:22 EDT 2004

Hello,

I'm trying to make a shell script which report infected
computer to abuse at domain using the IP found in the
headers.

The script looks for MDLOG virus entries in syslog, extract
the IP found in this line, do a whois on it, extract abuse
or other email found and try to contact the IP Administrator.

I didn't want this script to be fully automated as I wanted
to filter myself who I want to contact for which infected
computer.

But I'm facing a single problem, most ISP reclaim the full
Headers.

Is there a possibility, with mimedefang, to automatically save
only the headers (I don't want the full mail, as forwarding virus
is not a good idea) to a folder using for name the reference number
of the mail (also found in MDLOG entries) for easy linking.

PS: Please, forgive my bad english

Jérôme.