[Mimedefang] MD 2.41 - group access to directories bug?

Rob rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 27 06:01:05 EST 2004

I'm running 2.41 on a FreeBSD-5.2 box with ClamAV 0.70-rc.  When I try
to rely on the change that gives group access to the spool directory
clamav doesn't find anything, and I think the reason is that the group
access isn't followed through fully:

/mdefang-i2RAejMQ015352:
total 12
drwxr-x---  3 mailnull  mailnull  512 Mar 27 10:40 .
drwxr-x---  4 mailnull  mailnull  512 Mar 27 10:40 ..
-rw-r-----  1 mailnull  mailnull  373 Mar 27 10:40 COMMANDS
-rw-r-----  1 mailnull  mailnull  311 Mar 27 10:40 HEADERS
-rw-r-----  2 mailnull  mailnull  384 Mar 27 10:40 INPUTMSG
-rw-------  1 mailnull  mailnull    0 Mar 27 10:40 RESULTS
drwx------  2 mailnull  mailnull  512 Mar 27 10:40 Work

/mdefang-i2RAejMQ015352/Work:
total 8
drwx------  2 mailnull  mailnull  512 Mar 27 10:40 .
drwxr-x---  3 mailnull  mailnull  512 Mar 27 10:40 ..
-rw-r-----  2 mailnull  mailnull  384 Mar 27 10:40 INPUTMSG
-rw-------  1 mailnull  mailnull   69 Mar 27 10:40 msg-15068-10.txt

Which means that ClamAV doesn't get access to the Work directory - the
one that it scans.

Strangely a scan of mimedefang.pl suggests that this shouldn't be the
case.  All calls to mkdir have mode 0750, though adding an explicit
'chmod 0750, "$CWD/Work";' to the clamd function fixes this problem
(however clamd now complains about being unable to read msg-<blah>.txt).

So, can somebody please look into why Work doesn't get group access, and
to adding group read to msg-<...>.txt to stop my virus scanner
complaining on every email :)  Sadly my perl skills are about zero
otherwise I would...

TIA

--
 Rob MacGregor (BOFH) [PGP key ID 0x1E51BF5A]
        If I cannot bend Heaven, I shall move Hell.