[Mimedefang] bounce without attachment

Kelson Vibber kelson at speed.net
Tue Mar 30 14:36:06 EST 2004

At 07:02 AM 3/30/2004, doofml at 9online.fr wrote:
>In my mimedefang-filter, i have
>
>     if (filter_bad_filename($entity)) {
>         md_graphdefang_log('bad_filename', $fname, $type);
>         return action_bounce("$ext found in mail - rejected");
>      }
>
>My problem is, the mail est rejecter and mimedefand send reject
>notification with the attachment file. How can i reject mail with
>attachement and notify the sender without the file ?

Unless you've re-sent the mail locally (through one of the stream_by_
functions), you're not generating the bounce notice at all.  action_bounce
only issues an SMTP reject code.  The notice you're seeing is actually
generated by whichever server passed the mail to you.

If you have another server funnelling mail to the MIMEDefang server, you
can reconfigure that one to generate  notices without attachments, but
unfortunately you can't configure servers that aren't under your control.

Kelson Vibber