[Mimedefang] Filter modification help needed

Fred mimedefang at freddyt.com
Tue Mar 30 10:36:43 EST 2004

Hello,
I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to add a header for the primary MX
server for the domain in the From: header.

Adding this header might allow for some nice rules in SpamAssassin to be
developed.

I'm currently adding HELO, RCVD_IP and RCVD_HOST, and creating rules for
HELO with much success!

I'm seeing a few sites using 127.0.0.1 as a primary MX for their domain and
I want to see if a SA rule might help here.

I would prefer to do this by adding a header and checking the contents of
the header with a SA rule. (whitelisting in SA)

I need help producing the primary MX of the from domain, I can handle adding
the headers and making the rules.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Freddy T
http://www.FreddyT.com/