[Mimedefang] RE: mimedefang.sock is "unsafe"... FIXED!!!

Ken Morley ken at jmtg.com
Tue Mar 30 14:18:03 EST 2004

I guess I should have been more thorough before wasting a bunch of e-mails
in the mailing list.  My sincere apologies.

In the error message that I previously posted, I noticed that it ended in
...mimedefang.sock' is unsafe.  Notice the apostrophe after sock.

The issue turned out to be a typo in the INPUT_MAIL_FILTER line in
sendmail.mc. I had a 'S=unix ... instead of `S=unix...  The apostrophe was
the problem.

It's interesting that sendmail would load and run, pass the diagnostics,
etc.  It just wouldn't run the milter.

Thanks for letting me work my way through this out loud...