[Mimedefang] Problem with Razor2 and Perl 5.6?

Keith Whyte keith at tbmc.ie
Thu Mar 25 22:28:45 EST 2004

some folks wrote:

>Aug 19 19:41:06 mimedefang-multiplexor: [ID 980602 mail.info] Slave 0
>stderr: razor2 check skipped: Permission denied Can't locate object method
>"new" via package "Razor2::Client::Agent" at
>/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/Dns.pm line 382.

and

>razor2 check skipped: Illegal seek Can't locate object method "new" via
>package "Razor2::Client::Agent" at
>/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Mail/SpamAssassin/Dns.pm line 392

I came across this problem myself, it may be due to permissions in the
perl lib tree, possibly caused by installing perl modules with a umask
of 077 or the like.

su to the user that you are running SA or MimeDefang as and try
$ find /usr/lib/perl5 > /dev/null
this will print out the inaccessable directories to stderr.

you can then do something like
# find  -type d \! -perm -o+r -exec chmod 755 {} \;
as root to correct the problem. you may need to do the same for the
files inside the folders
something like
# find /usr/lib/perl5 -type f \! -perm -o+r
will show you files that are not world readable.

Hope this helps.
k.