[Mimedefang] Converting HTML Parts to Readable Text Parts

George Kuetemeyer George.Kuetemeyer at mail.tju.edu
Thu Mar 25 13:33:43 EST 2004

Just wondering if anyone is converting HTML messages parts to text with the
filter subroutine - ie stripping out tags and leaving a somewhat readable
part. I can defang parts - changing attachment names and types, but this
leaves often fairly unreadable parts for clients to puzzle over. On the one
hand, it looks like some Bagle variants are using HTML exploits; on the other
hand, clients want to at least be able to read their HTML attachments. I'm
looking for some kind of compromise solution.

Thanks in advance.

GK