[Mimedefang] SMTP Pipelining, and GREYLISTING

Cormack, Ken kcormack at acs.roadway.com
Thu Mar 25 13:59:07 EST 2004

All -

Please read the thread below.  If you impliment greylisting with MIMEDefang,
you MIGHT want to disable sendmail's support for PIPELINING.  (See rfc 2920:
SMTP Service Extension for Command Pipelining)

You can check your sendmail to see if it currently supports pipelining, as
follows:

sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null

If you see PIPELINING in the "Compiled with" options, then pipelining
support is active.  To disable support for pipelining (which is enabled by
default if you compile the sendmail source tar-ball), you need to add the
following statement to your devtools/Site/site.config.m4 and recompile
sendmail.

APPENDDEF(`conf_sendmail_ENVDEF', `-DPIPELINING=0')

Ken