[Mimedefang] Block mail by subject

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Mar 24 14:48:52 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 13:23, WBrown at e1b.org wrote:

> > If you reject with an SMTP 5xx, you simply force the previous
> > SMTP relay to do exactly the same thing.  Unless it is the
> > first hop doing the scanning, all you have is the forged
> > header information to construct the error reply, and PC's
> > almost always use a relay.
>
> And it's their own dang fault for passing along spam and/or viruses.  I
> refuse to accept responsibility for other's problems.  I certainly have
> (cause?) enough of my own!

'Fault' isn't really the issue here - if you want to blame
something, blame the mailers that execute received content
as a hidden side effect of opening or previewing a message.
The more relevant issue is:  whose problem is it when your
boss gets a few hundred rejection notices saying he sent a virus?
That is the result when everyone sends notifications instead
of just discarding virus-generated messages.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com