[Mimedefang] Block mail by subject

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Tue Mar 23 13:44:16 EST 2004

mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com wrote on 03/23/2004 12:33:20
PM:

> How can I block a mail depending of the subject ?? This is for blocking
> messages with viruses, for example a message with the subjet: "Re: Your
> files" belong to a virus, I have a list of all the posibles subjects,
> how can I block this subjects ???? one by one or all once ?

I wouldnt recommend blocking on all of the known virus email subjects.
Many of them could be legitimately used.  My director (Boss 3x removed)
had emails blocked by a filter based strictly on the subject.  He was not
a happy camper.

Why not block the known unsafe extensions, and then virus scan the rest?
Clam AV is doing a good job of picking off the inbound viruses for me.