OT: Gentoo, Red Hat, etc. (was Re: [Mimedefang] Latest MIME-Tools)

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Mon Mar 22 16:25:40 EST 2004

David F. Skoll said:
> Fedora Core 1's actually not too bad.  I have Gentoo on a laptop, but
> compiling *everything* from source pretty soon gets tiresome.

Their are some rhel enterprise clones:
Taolinux http://taolinux.org/
Lineox http://www.lineox.com/
Caos linux http://www.caosity.org/
Whitebox Linux http://www.whiteboxlinux.org/
We are thinking of going with the RedHat enterprise clone Lineox.
It has a yearly cost of $2 per machine, or an unlimited site license cost
of $2000 per year.
This is for RedHat Enterprise AS clone, has ALL the packages.
Should be trivial to upgrade my RedHat 9 boxes to lineox.
It looks and feels the same as RedHat.
It uses apt, and I can use a local mirror.
Erratta come out 12 hours after RedHat releases errata.
It has a 5 year errata support cycle.
It is compatible with fedora/freshrpms/dag apt rhel repositories.
So mimedefang 2.40 is available from the dag repository...
--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering