[Mimedefang] Latest MIME-Tools

MailAdm mailadm at srar.com
Fri Mar 19 23:52:27 EST 2004

Justin wrote:

>Yeah, the sales guy mentioned that.  To be honest we don't have much of
>any experience running a production DB.  The only limited experience we
>have is with a small internal MySQL DB used for a limited in-house data
>tracking.  I've read a fair amount of MySQL over the years since it's
>always been on my todo list.  Really the only DB I would have considered
>was MySQL.  I understand both have their uses of course but MySQL was
>always the one that stood out from the crowd in my eyes.  Not sure why.  I
>wonder if Can-It Pro could work with MySQL instead.

Hi Justin,

I had never mucked around with PGSQL before, either. Always have played
with MySQL. But the setup in CanIt Pro was simple. There has been no
need since installation (except to reinitialize after the recent CanIt
Pro upgrade) to do anything with/to PGSQL. Everything is documented
(very well, I might add) and the docs are very easy to follow.

We've been  evaluating CanIt Pro for a couple weeks, and the situation
has gone from me being able to admin MD/SA/Sophos, to my three
cow-orkers (and myself) being able to administer CanIt (Ooops, there
goes my job security ;-)  )

Don't Fear The PGSQL

-Loren