[Mimedefang] F-Risk Fprotd -how to use?

J.D. Bronson jbronson at wixb.com
Thu Mar 18 09:55:39 EST 2004

At 08:01 AM 03/18/2004, you wrote:
>On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, J.D. Bronson wrote:
>
> > I have f-protd running and can talk to it, but the configure on mimedefang
> > does not see this program eventhough it is installed in the default
> > /usr/local/sbin ...
>
>You have to enable the demon variant manually:
>
>$Features{'Virus:FPROTD'}   = 1;
>
>Also make sure, your demon and MIMEDefang use the same ports:
>
>$FprotdHost = "127.0.0.1:10200";

This seems to work well. It would be nice to see MD pick this up during a
./configure run though :-/

I am wondering though...I see the defaults to running f-protd are:
/usr/local/sbin/f-protd -background /usr/local/f-prot/

Which results in:
Scanner arguments: -dumb -archive -packed -remote-dtd

Is this sufficient or are there additional arguments recommended?

Thanks for the feedback.

--
J.D. Bronson
Aurora Health Care // Information Services // Milwaukee, WI USA