[Mimedefang] Mimedefang and DSPAM

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Wed Mar 17 12:30:49 EST 2004

Everything I've read about dspam, suggest it is a pain to configure.
Bogofilter is much easier to setup as an addition, and you can set it to
train off of SA.
In a sense you are using mimedefang as a glorified procmail script to call
bogofilter after or before SA.
Their are plenty of examples of using bogofilter via procmail.
You might be better off waiting until SA 3.0 comes out with plugin support.
You will spend some time training DSPAM and bogofilter.

James Miller said:
> Hi All,
>
> Has anyone come up with an example of adding DSPAM checking into
> Mimedefang?
> I 'goggled' for it and didn't find anything useful.
>

> Thanks,
> Jim

Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering
Montana State University-Bozeman,Montana