[Mimedefang] email wire tap

Matthew Schumacher matt.s at aptalaska.net
Mon Mar 15 15:32:57 EST 2004

I call procmail in filter mode to do this because I didn't want to deal
with the mailbox locking issues when trying to write email to a file
from a mimedefang filter.  I also wanted mbox format which procmail does
very well.

Another reason for this is the mail headers are not absolutely complete
when the milter is called so mimedefang doesn't see the last received
header which I wanted to capture anyway.

If you already use procmail for your LDA then this is trivial, but I am
using the cyrus LDA.

As far as the performance hit goes, there is some, but I would MUCH
rather call procmail than non persistent perl.

schu