[Mimedefang] starting on freebsd 5.2.1

Ron Wilhoite rwilhoite at bals.org
Tue Mar 9 11:28:09 EST 2004

>I was wondering (yet another newbie question here) how people
>started mimedefang on freebsd 5.2.x ?

>Normally I toss extras app's into /usr/local/etc/rc.d, but I need
>mimedefang to start BEFORE sendmail does of course...

Assuming mimedefang.sh and sendmail.sh you are good to go.

man rc.d:

     o   The scripts within each directory are executed in
lexicographical
         order.  If a specific order is required, numbers may be used as
         prefix to the existing filenames, so for example 100.foo would
be
         executed before 200.bar; without the numeric prefixes the
opposite
         would be true.

Ron Wilhoite