[Mimedefang] Sugested Change for MIMEDefang 2.40

Cormack, Ken kcormack at acs.roadway.com
Tue Mar 9 08:21:18 EST 2004

Just upgraded our DMZ SMTP gateways to MIMEDefang 2.40 yesterday (the
embedded Perl is running great, David!)

But while merging our previous customizations with the new code, I noticed a
minor error in the commandline switches for both HBEDV (Antivir) and Vexira
(Central Command).

Where you have "-allfiles" (single hyphen) the switch should be a
double-hyphen ("--allfiles").  Also, I'd like to suggest the possible use of
"--warnings-as-alerts", as well as checking for the word "WARNING:" in the
output of the scanner.  This may help catch encrypted zips.

KEN CORMACK, RHCE
Sr. UNIX Systems Analyst,
    Open Systems Group
Sr. Software Analyst,
    TSG Midrange Systems Group
AFFILIATED COMPUTER SERVICES, INC.

"If that that is 'is' is that that is not 'not is', is that that is 'not is'
that that is not 'is'?  It is!" - Ken Cormack

"Sendmail administration is not black magic.  There are legitimate technical
reasons why it requires the sacrificing of a live chicken." - Unknown