[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang as a mail gateway...?

Fernando Gleiser fgleiser at cactus.fi.uba.ar
Fri Mar 5 17:58:13 EST 2004

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004, Michael Sims wrote:

> Another solution is to build a virtusertable db on your MX which contains a
> list of all your valid usernames and reject anyone that isn't in it with an
> unknown user error.  This virtusertable can be updated periodically via a
> combination of cron, ssh, and scp.  This is what I'm doing at the moment
> because at the time I implemented it it was the least drastic change to my
> existing setup...

I have a whitelist of users who are allowed to receive mail and use
filter_recipient() to check it. Less than 10 lines of perl code :)

Or use sendmail's BLACKLIST_RECIPIENTS and access database.

For me, the main drawback of runing it in a mail gateway is that I
haven't found a way to train the Bayes filters in the gateway.

		Fer