[Mimedefang] Machine Slow Respones

Kayne Kruse Kayne at moranprinting.com
Fri Mar 5 09:46:55 EST 2004

> My server respones is too slow every morning when most of my
> clients are
> checking mail.

Do your clients have reverse dns for their host ips?  I dont think this is
really a mimedefang issue, but DNS issues are always where I look first when
things take a long time to get moving or least longer than normal.

> 1) How can allow my local domain mail to be Bypass from scanning
>
> or any other better idea to lower the load on my machine

Easiest way is via your mimedefang/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf.  Just add a
whitelist entry in that file, user at domain.com or *@domain.com.  Otherwise you
will need to code or find someone with a code snippet.  All this really does
is give those domains -100 points which should be find in most cases.

Kayne