[Mimedefang] Machine Slow Respones

Muhammad Talha talha at worldcall.net.pk
Fri Mar 5 02:28:17 EST 2004

Dear all

i have installed Redhat 9 , mimedefang-2.39, Spamassassin-2.63, Clamav-0.65
on Compaq proliant 1600 RAM 1Gb
roughly around 35-40 mail per minute traffic and around 15 virtual domains
using default setting for mimedefang-filter
and spamassassin

/var/spool/MIMEDefang mounted tmpfs with 256Mb

My server respones is too slow every morning when most of my clients are
checking mail.

i have upgrade memory from 256 Mb to 1 GB

Still the same problem Can any Advice how to proceed next

1) How can allow my local domain mail to be Bypass from scanning

or any other better idea to lower the load on my machine

Thanks and Regards

Muhammad Talha