[Mimedefang] Greylisting code, now with mysql Backend

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Jun 30 10:26:33 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 05:09, Paul Murphy wrote:

> Running a test script which does nothing but add one record and exit works OK,
> even if the script is called several thousand times in a loop, though I have yet
> to test it with more than 5000 records.  My expectation is that at some point it
> will stop adding records, but claim to have successfully done so.  I'll run a
> larger test and report back later today.

Try running many copies of the script simultaneously to emulate what
happens when you are receiving email.  This should be similar to the
problems with mod_perl where many long-running scripts contend for
write access to a tied dbm so this:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/dbm.html
might help.  Since postgresql is free and takes care of write contention
for you it might be easier to switch than fight, though.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com