[Mimedefang] Greylisting code, now with mysql Backend

Jonas Eckerman jonas_lists at frukt.org
Sun Jun 27 19:02:35 EDT 2004

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 12:49:34 -0700, Jeff Grossman wrote:

>  I know my next question is pretty open ended, but what do people
>  on this list prefer for their backend database, and why?

I'm using DB_File, and so far I haven't seen any problem with it. Other apps on the same machine are using much bigger DB_File databases without problems as well. unning on FreeBSD 4.7, perl 5.8.0, DB_File 1.804 and whatever version of BerkelyDB that came with FreeBSD 4.7.

The reason? Well... It's easy to use a database one can tie in perl, and DB_File worked in other apps while the other installed tieable DBs had loads of problems once they grew over a certain size. DB_File still works fine, so I haven't seen any reason to change that.

Note that ours is not a huge and heavily loaded mail server.

Regards
/Jonas
Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists at frukt.org
http://www.fsdb.org/