[Mimedefang] Sender validation

Jonas Eckerman jonas_lists at frukt.org
Fri Jun 25 21:18:28 EDT 2004

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 18:41:15 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:

>  If your server can't handle a database update, it's going to have
>  a hard time delivering or bouncing the message...

True.

>  it would be nice to avoid any more connections to the spoofed
>  From: hosts than necessary.  However, maybe the greylist check
>  should come first which would probably avoid the issue in the
>  first place.

In my implementation the greylist check comes after the sender check. I'm doing the sender check in filter_sender and the greylist in filter_begin. So the sender check would save some processing for every mail it rejects even for mails that would have been stopped by the greylist (1: it would do a REJECT instead of the greylists TEMPFAIL and 2: it would reject before reciving the actual mail while my greylist rejects after receiving it (because of stupid mailers)).

/Jonas

Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists at frukt.org
http://www.fsdb.org/