[Mimedefang] Greylisting code with SQLite Backend

John Kirkland jpk at bl.org
Fri Jun 25 00:20:04 EDT 2004

Bummer... I hadn't noticed it before, but I had that in my maillog file,
too.  It turns out that the perl DBD libraries don't expose the API method
to set the wait time for locks to expire, so if a lock is encountered an
error is immediately returned.  There are a couple of bugs logged against
the DBD Sqlite module at CPAN to this effect.

Potential solutions include using external file locking or switching to
another database backend.  I made the minor changes to get the thing to
work under mysql, and I just restarted my mimedefang.  I'll monitor its
progress overnight, and if it looks good in the morning, I'll post the
code changes.

Thanks for finding this!  It's a real bummer... there's even a patch on
CPAN to fix the wait time issue in the DBD module, but it's not yet in the
distribution.

Best Regards,
John Kirkland