[Mimedefang] Need advise on how to proceed.

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Fri Jun 11 11:36:56 EDT 2004

If you're using sendmail and it's the main mail server (not a gateway for
exchange), sendmail sends out a log message warning of a RCPT TO: flood (typical
of people trying to send to too many recipt's at once.)

I have a script that watches the log file and instantly (it runs all the time
and is EVENT driven) blackholes the IP for as long as you like... you can either
expire the entries (like I do after a week) or build a rich database for your
own DNSBL... :)

Let me know if you'd like the script (it's in TCL - so it's easy to read/change)
and I'll send it to you...

  -Ben