[Mimedefang] ClamAV 0.72 is out

Ole Craig olc at cs.umass.edu
Thu Jun 10 12:07:12 EDT 2004

On 06/04/04 at 20:33, 'twas brillig and Ole Craig scrobe:
[...]
> 	I assure you, the fine manual is in fact incorrect; the *only*
> way I can get clamscan to run is to leave the "Example"
> directive ENABLED. When it is removed, clamscan hangs until killed.
> When it is present, clamscan reports the error you quote above, but it
> does run. (You'll note from the transcript that it did successfully
> detect an infected file.)

	FYI, in case anyone's curious... I found the problem, which
I'll report to the clamav developer list momentarily. The hang is
caused by clamav's inability to handle redundant entries in the config
file; in my particular case, the config file had two identical clamuko
sections (from a hasty merge, I assume) but once I determined the
problem I was able to reproduce it using several different directives.
e.g. the following snippet in your clamav.conf will cause the hang:

ScanMail
ScanMail

	Cheers,
		Ole
--
Ole Craig * UNIX, linux, SMTP-ninja; news, web; SGI martyr * CS Computing
Facility, UMass * <www.cs.umass.edu/~olc/pgppubkey.txt> for public key

  Where are the missing deficit-reduction program-related activities?