[Mimedefang] SA/MIMEDefang performance tweaking

Chris Gauch cgauch at digicon.net
Wed Jun 9 20:58:45 EDT 2004

That would definitely be nice if autolearn would only kick in when the
server load was light.  The thought of having to completely disable the SA
bayes system is somewhat disappointing.

For now I must work with what I have (in terms of hardware limitations), so
performance tweaking has been very trivial.  One day everything will run
smoothly, and then the following day the gateway mail server will grind to a
halt, delaying mail delivery substantially.

I set my lock_method (in sa-mimedefang.cf) to "flock" as suggested,
hopefully that will speed up the bayes processing.  I'll have to sit and
watch as usual, and continue to tweak the mimedefang-filter and init
scripts.

- Chris

Chris Gauch
Systems Engineer/Adminstrator