[Mimedefang] SA/MIMEDefang performance tweaking

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Jun 9 21:20:12 EDT 2004

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Chris Gauch wrote:

> That would definitely be nice if autolearn would only kick in when the
> server load was light.  The thought of having to completely disable the SA
> bayes system is somewhat disappointing.

Are you learning to the journal (bayes_learn_to_journal 1) ?
That should reduce the load.

(I do not use SpamAssassin's Bayes code, but our commercial CanIt
solutions also train to a journal and then synchronize periodically in
the background, so I assume SpamAssassin's journal works similarly,
and offers a similar performance improvement.)