[Mimedefang] ClamAV 0.72 is out

Ole Craig olc at cs.umass.edu
Fri Jun 4 12:40:05 EDT 2004

On 06/04/04 at 11:32, 'twas brillig and Kayne Kruse scrobe:
> On Friday 04 June 2004 08:40 am, Ole Craig wrote:
> >         I've had major problems with recent versions of CAV -- they
> > hang on me, in both daemonized and commandline versions. (0.68 and
> > prior seem to work just fine, though.) Anyone else seen something
> > similar?
> >
> >                 Ole
>
> Hang as in none functional and nothing gets through or just taking longer than
> usual?

	"hang" as in "never exit". I recall stracing it and seeing the
problem, but can't now for the life of me figure out what I did with
the strace output. Since at the time I was in a hurry to get the AV
scanner back up and running I just reinstalled the .68 version.

	I'll try installing .72 on a non-production system and see if
I can replicate the problem.

		Ole
--
Ole Craig * UNIX, linux, SMTP-ninja; news, web; SGI martyr * CS Computing
Facility, UMass * <www.cs.umass.edu/~olc/pgppubkey.txt> for public key

  Where are the missing deficit-reduction program-related activities?