[Mimedefang] Help Request: MimeDefang breaks Sendmail

Dirk the Daring dirk at psicorps.org
Thu Jun 3 20:15:36 EDT 2004

   Thanks for the replies so far. Here's some additional information.

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Rob wrote:

> [...]

   Here is the exact text the relevant part of of my sendmail.mc file:

##################
# MILTER Section #
##################
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang',`S=unix:/var/spool/mimedefang/mimedefang.sock, F=T, T=S:360s;R:360s;E:15m')

  This is constructed precisely as advised by the MIMEDefang README file
for v2.43, in Section 5 of that document.

  Here are my relevant directories:

# pwd
/var/spool
# ls -la m*
drwx------   2 defang   defang       512 Jun  2 06:00 md-quarantine/
drwx------   9 defang   defang       512 Jun  2 18:40 mimedefang/
drwxr-x---   2 root     bin          512 Jun  2 18:39 mqueue/

  Also, another person asked what the output from "mimedefang -test" was:

# perl mimedefang.pl -test
unix dgram connect: Socket operation on non-socket at mimedefang.pl line 465
no connection to syslog available at mimedefang.pl line 465

Dirk