[Mimedefang] Help Request: MimeDefang breaks Sendmail

Rob rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 3 01:59:56 EDT 2004

<---SNIP--->
> However, the following appears in /var/log/syslog (and also
> on the console):

<---SNIP--->
> Jun  2 18:32:37 myhost mimedefang-multiplexor[18267]: [ID 980602
> mail.info] Slave 0 stderr: unix dgram connect: Socket operation on
> non-socket at /opt/mimedefang/bin/mimedefang.pl line 465

Ok, what's in your sendmail.mc file?  Looks like you've given the wrong
path for the MD socket.  It should have an entry like this:

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang',
`S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, F=T, T=S:2m;R:2m')

It's the S=unix part that's important - if you've got something else
then it's nearly certainly wrong.

PLEASE - keep list traffic on the list.  Email sent directly to me may
be ignored utterly.

--
Rob | What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?