SOCKETMAP performace (was Re: [Mimedefang] sendmail 8.13.0)

Mark admin at asarian-host.net
Thu Jul 29 11:32:51 EDT 2004

David F. Skoll wrote:

> I expect that if you use a SQL backend, then keeping a persistent
> connection inside MIMEDefang would be a big win compared to opening
> a SQL database connection each time sendmail forks.

Thanks for the work, David. :)

Question, though, how will you keep a persistent, say, MySQL connection in
Perl, for the backend socketmap functionality? In a forking model, you still
cannot use the same $dbh object for each forked process, as DBI is not
reentrant (or can you? I'm starting to doubt now). At any rate, the new
socketmap is blistering fast!

Regards,

- Mark