[Mimedefang] RAM usage on newer versions?

J.D. Bronson jbronson at wixb.com
Thu Jul 29 07:36:26 EDT 2004

It seems each version of MD uses more and more RAM?

I am wondering if there is anyway to slim down the amount
of RAM that MD requires to run.

I have a smaller machine that I cannot add more RAM to (old Sun box)
and I am seeing 13MB+ (per) MD process.

I have been running the embedded way, but I dont know if there is anything
else to set or tweak. In the section on startup where you supposedly can
limit each slave's RAM (doesnt work) and if I try to limit the total ram
used by slaves, if requests are made that cause more slaves to run, that
can run into a disaster - as expected.

I just thought I would ask the group for any ideas!

  -JDB