[Mimedefang] Where is best to use $SendmailMacros{"auth_authen"} ?

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Thu Jul 1 11:13:21 EDT 2004

--On Thursday, July 1, 2004 9:39 AM -0500 Ben Kamen <bkamen at benjammin.net>
wrote:

> Where would I be best putting a check for $SendmailMacros{"auth_authen"}
> to see if someone relaying has auth'd?

I have it in filter_begin() and we see if there is any auth_type:

    # Mark some mail we trust: smtp-auth'd mail, mail from localhost
    undef($good);
    if (defined($SendmailMacros{"auth_type"})) {
        $good = 1;
    }
    if ($RelayAddr eq "127.0.0.1") {
        $good = 1;
    }

Also $good is mail from a few specific IP addresses, and a couple of
more convoluted exceptions we agreed to deal with.

But we do subject this mail to some testing, so we don't do an
action_accept().  Instead we use $good to skip things with a
"unless ($good) { ... }" around those stanzas.

And one special case I don't fully trust gets "$good = 2" so we can
distinguish it as being "sort of good".

Joseph Brennan
Academic Technologies Group, Academic Information Systems (AcIS)
Columbia University in the City of New York