[Mimedefang] Strange Maillog messages

Matt Rossiter matt at rossiters.com
Sat Jan 31 14:58:07 EST 2004

Hello,

I'm setup with Redhat 9 using the latest and greatest versions of
Apache/Squirrelmail/MimeDefang/Spamassassin.  I've got everything up and
running just perfectly now.  It's filtering out spam and viruses great!

My only question now is regarding some messages in the maillog file.  I
was wondering if someone could shed some light.

For emails that contain viruses I'm just discarding them. This server is
only for my family so I'm not worried about legal issues.  Ha ha.

Log message 1:  The mimedefang-filter works fine, so I'm not sure why it's
complaing.  Can someone explain?

----------
mimedefang-multiplexor: Slave 0 stderr: Undefined subroutine
&main::discard called at /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter line 229.
Jan 31 11:37:28 rossiters mimedefang-multiplexor: Slave 0 died prematurely
-- check your filter rules
-------------

Log Message 2: I'm not sure what this means or if I should worry about it.

Jan 31 11:37:28 rossiters mimedefang-multiplexor: Reap: Idle slave 0 (pid
8988) exited normally with status 13 (SLAVE DIED UNEXPECTEDLY) Jan 31
11:37:28 rossiters mimedefang-multiplexor: Slave 0 resource usage: req=1,
scans=1, user=9.360, sys=0.640, nswap=0, majflt=2075, minflt=11639,
maxrss=0, bi=0, bo=0 Jan 31 11:37:28 rossiters mimedefang[706]: Error from
multiplexor: ERR No response from slave

Thanks Again,

Matt