[Mimedefang] uvscan catching MyDoom that clamav missing

Jon R. Kibler Jon.Kibler at aset.com
Sat Jan 31 14:10:43 EST 2004

Greetings:

We are having a problem where clamav is missing MyDoom viruses that uvscan catches. It seems that clamav is missing about 1/3 to 1/2 of the MyDooms we are seeing. (The only MyDooms we are getting are bounces to bogus email addresses.)

I don't think this is a MD problem, but I was wondering if anyone else was having similar problems?

I captured one of these messages (action_quaratine_entire_message) to double check the problem and I have included the results below.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on here?

Oh, yeah... environment: sendmail 8.12.10, MD 2.36, Sol 9 SPARC

TIA for your help!

jk
--
Jon R. Kibler
Chief Technical Officer

# uvscan ENTIRE_MESSAGE
/var/spool/MIMEDefang/quarantine/qdir-2004-01-30-18.24.10-001/ENTIRE_MESSAGE
        Found the W32/Mydoom.eml!exe virus !!!

# clamscan ENTIRE_MESSAGE
ENTIRE_MESSAGE: OK