[Mimedefang] Setting up Squirelmail / Email Filtering

MailAdm mailadm at srar.com
Thu Jan 29 08:38:09 EST 2004

Matt Rossiter wrote:

>1) Since I'm not using procmail in this setup, I'm not quite sure how
>redirect messages tagged as spam to either /dev/null or some kind of spam
>folder.  The messages are getting tagged just fine.  Can someone give me
>some hints or direct me to some documentation?  Or should I setup procmail
>to do this?

Your Squirrel  install needs some tweaking. Once you get that done, you
can install a  filtering plugin.

>2)  I'm having a little problem with Squirrelmail.  I followed the
>directions as far as setting up directories and such, but when I log in I
>get this message "Preference database error (not found). Exiting
>abnormally"   I believe my permissions are setup correctly.  Any Ideas?

As stated above, these are Squirrel issues. Sounds like your data
directory has incorrect permissions. The FAQ you should look at
regarding  this problem (look at the second half which explains securing
the system) in SquirrelMail setup is here:

http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/en_US/InstallingSquirrelMail/QuickAndDirty
.
The user support mail list that would best help you is here: