[Mimedefang] Setting up Squirelmail / Email Filtering

Matt Rossiter matt at rossiters.com
Wed Jan 28 15:24:03 EST 2004

Hello,

I'm setup with Redhat 9 using the latest and greatest versions of
Apache/Squirrelmail/MimeDefang/Spamassassin.

Basically I followed the procedures outlined
here.  http://www.rudolphtire.com/mimedefang-howto/#ss2.3

Everything seems to be working pretty sweet.  I just have a couple of
small issues.  They are probably simple to fix.

1) Since I'm not using procmail in this setup, I'm not quite sure how
redirect messages tagged as spam to either /dev/null or some kind of spam
folder.  The messages are getting tagged just fine.  Can someone give me
some hints or direct me to some documentation?  Or should I setup procmail
to do this?

2)  I'm having a little problem with Squirrelmail.  I followed the
directions as far as setting up directories and such, but when I log in I
get this message "Preference database error (not found). Exiting
abnormally"   I believe my permissions are setup correctly.  Any Ideas?

Thanks!

Matt