[Mimedefang] Tracking down the delay

mfaurot at atww.org mfaurot at atww.org
Wed Jan 28 13:16:01 EST 2004

In article <4017E922.3020209 at marine.rutgers.edu> you wrote:
> I'm getting long delays (30+ seconds) for every message with
> MD/SpamAssassin/Razor.
[...]
> I've got spamassassin and MD logging but can't find any RBL debug info
> except for the delay times.  Can anyone point me towards debugging this
> properly?

I don't have a complete answer for you, but it occurs to me that you might
want to tinker with the SpamAssassin configuration options rbl_timeout
and razor_timeout.  According to Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf(3pm) the
defaults for these are 15 seconds for the rbl stuff and 10 seconds for
the razor2 stuff.  Assuming the default settings for both, that sounds
like it could account for at least 25 seconds.

Perhaps setting these down to 5 seconds each and then restarting
everything might be a useful experiment.  If the delays drop after that,
you'll know you're in the right ballpark.