[Mimedefang] Anyone else having problems with Clamd 0.65?

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Wed Jan 28 12:55:56 EST 2004

Kelson Vibber said:
> After upgrading ClamAV to 0.65 a few weeks ago, we've had problems where
> MIMEDefang will simply stop closing down slaves.  Instead of timing out,
> MD
> slaves would just hang around forever, not pass anything through, and
> eventually max out and start tempfailing.  Often just restarting clamd
> would resolve the issue.

I am currently using a debian chroot install of sendmail with an earlier
version of clamscan (for what it is worth to you since you are using clam
.65)

mimedefang 2.38
sendmail 8.12.3-6
clamscan 0.60-10

And as I mentioned earlier I resolved this problem by using clamscan
instead of clamdscan.

!AMD!

stopping and restaring sendmail and mimedefang with a delay.
/etc/init.d/mimedefang stop;
/etc/init.d/sendmail stop;
sleep 3;
/etc/init.d/mimedefang start;
sleep 3;
/etc/init.d/sendmail start;

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering